This course is right for you if:
- You have taken the part one course and feel comfortable with all of the techniques. Rusty is OK
- You are thinking of ski touring on your own and want to see what goes into safely planning your own tour
- You have been touring on your own and want to aquire formal training.
Skills you will Learn:
- Review of touring and rescue equipment
- Introduction to the Decision Making Framework
- Introduction to route planning and navigation
- Improving cadence
- Improving kick turns
- Terrain selection
- Downhill travel
We meet at 8:30am at the Wake N Bakery in the town of Glacier Washington. After a quick introduction and gear check we caravan up to Heather Meadows parking area adjacent to the Mt Baker Ski area. This gets us to subalpine terrain at an elevation of 4,200 feet and gives us quick access to some of the best back country ski terrain in the galaxy. Trips end between 4 - 6 pm depending on how much spinach you've had for breakfast.